The Susquehanna County Tick Borne Disease Task Force will have an informational table at the Harford Fair near the front gate on August 22nd 9Am to 10pm. The Task Force will also be at Woofstock on September 7, 2019 at 12 – 4pm at Lazybrook Park in Tunkhannock, PA.
Contact: Commissioner Elizabeth Arnold at 570-278-6608
The Susquehanna County Tick Borne Disease Task Force hosted presentation held April 27th 2019 at the Mountain View High School. The first presentation is by Michele Cassetori, VP Director of Education and Outreach with PA Lyme Resource Network followed by a second presentation by Dr. Daniel J. Cameron, M.D. of Mt. Kisco, NY.
The presentation can be viewed here.
- Walk in the middle of trails, avoid sitting on logs and leaning on trees.
- Wear a hat and a tuck hair in if possible.
- Wear long sleeve shirts fitted at the wrist.
- Wear shoes, no bare feet or sandals.
- Wear long pants tucked into high socks or duct tape ankles.
- Consider deet for skin and permethrin for clothing.
- Wear white or light color clothing to see ticks better.
- Do tick checks immediately and three days after outdoor activity.
- If you find a tick, remove it immediately.
- Consider prophylactic treatment.
- See a Doctor for treatment if you notice symptoms immediately.
- Check your pets the same as you would yourself.